So many hours, spent nursing, snuggling, playing with my littles, crossed legged on my living room floor. I loved every minute, having the opportunity that so many families can't afford, staying home with my children.
But the conversation was always on the future, the land we would someday own, the comforts of a wood stove, of being warm in winter. Drooling over the paper birch crafts, the wooden toys, created from the land. The simple life.
We weren't living a bad life, in fact, so much of what we were living was so wonderful. But we weren't living the life that we knew was possible.
Our story is a long one. Many years and lots of adventures.
We dreamt about change, but could never figure out how to actually make it happen.
Until we did.
Here are five of the most important habits to embrace if you want to begin to the process of changing your life.
1. Being grateful for what you already have. I'm starting off with the most important one, because if you don't read any further, know this. Practice this. Too many of us blow this one off.
We say we're grateful. But is it really true? Are we really grateful?
My honest truth is this, I go through phases where I am truly and completely grateful and others when I'm not. I'll get that victim mentality, the poor-me mindset. When my consciousness is in the latter spiral, nothing goes right. Things go the opposite of right, all of the time.
When I get stuck in this cycle I begin asking myself those questions that I know you've heard me ask before, "How can it get better than this?" "What more is possible?" Every time that something small goes right, I give thanks and wonder how much more good could possibly come into my life.
And things get better.
And I get more grateful.
And the universe starts showing me that more is actually possible and that I should go for it.
Gratitude attracts more to be grateful for.
And then we are able to be grateful for the struggles and lessons that are inevitable when we make change.
2. Connect daily with WHY you want to change.
This is another big one.
You don't want to eat healthy to lose weight.
You don't want a new job to make more money.
You don't want to move for a change of scenery.
Our reasons go deeper.
You want to lose weight because you want to feel young again, when life was simple and it was easy to be happy, because he'll love you more and you are craving love and affection. Security. Or because you're afraid. Afraid of being sick, of dying young, of being in pain.
You want to make more money because you're only mission in life currently is providing a safe space for your family, or because you want to travel, to feel the freedom of having the world at your fingertips.
You want to move because you want to feel part of a community, because you thrive in being surrounded in the magnificence of nature, because you love the pulse of the city.
On face value, our goals can look so similar. But it is that deeper meaning, that piece that stirs an emotional response.
THAT is why we change.
3. Give it space. It's not going to happen over night. We make a decision to change and then we know that there will be many lessons to be learned. And we learn to step back and allow the process to happen organically. Don't rush it. You won't necessarily like the outcome, or grow in the ways that you need to grow to make the change take hold.
4. Live the life now. That end piece, the reason that you want to change, what can you do now to feel those feelings, to call in what you are desiring? If you want to buy a farm, can you expand your garden? Create an extended growing season at home and bring your goods to the farmers market? If you want to lose weight, can you start dressing so you feel better, dance more, love harder?
What can you do with what you already have access to?
5. Feel the feelings. I'm going to say it again, feel the feelings. Take time to sit in silence each day and feel it. Close your eyes and feel what it feels like to achieve the final goal. Don't feel the longing for what you are missing, but feel it as though you are already living it. And feel how grateful you are that the change is yours, because I believe in you and that you can make anything happen, if it is meant to be.
I am your guide to hold space for you to go deeper,
to tap into a piece of yourself that has yet to be discovered.
To feel your joy as you access an inner strength that was there all along,
you simply needed to be asked the right questions to discover it.
I will be thereas you feel your confidence rise, your inner and outer light intensify,
to support you in rising up through this untapped potential.
To feel the magic of the universe
Connect with me further
My website: ginamaria.info
My Youtube Channel
On my Facebook Page: Gina Maria - Imagine Health
And my free private coaching group: SoulShine